09 February, 2006

Need Sleepy...

Man, I am becoming an unintentional work-aholic. This season of my life is acutely defined by that four letter word. While it has been rediculous hours, I cannot say it is all bad. I am actually really enjoying being busy, I have been very productive and feel that a sense of accomplishment at the success we are achieving.

It is a trade-off, though. Work, while great and enjoyable in its own way, has definitely cut into my usual social activities. For instance, right now it is 11:30 at night; I got home at 10:15 and had drawings to revise, so I actually was on my own time at about 11:00. And all of that is after getting 4.5 hours of sleep last night. And, yes, I am aware that I must be psycotic, why the hell am I not in bed? Well, I really wanted a glass of wine, so what else to do while I emerse myself in its ruby goodness?

I have been having fun on the side. Sunday I treked up to Tomball and bummed at the padres for a while. I used my dad's new scanner to scan in some of my medium format negatives. That was relaxing, and fun. It inspired me to knock the dust off my Holga and start shooting again. I figure that if I can learn to process my own negatives, I can just scan and print; later processing fees. Plus, this should open the door for all sorts of creativity. Enough talk, here are some of my favorite scans below;

Montrose Art House
This is a house on Montrose owned by some art foundation, unfortunately it is now demolished (even more so) and it looks like a commercial building is taking its stead.

Three Crosses
A picture I took on the way home from Albuquerque.

River-Rocks
This is not my Holga, it was taken with an old Minolta Autocord (twin lens). A long(ish) exposure of a stream in Colorado.

Drillers
This was on a missions trip to Honduras through Living Water International. This was also the first drilling rig I was exposed to, who knew?


Ok, seriously, I have to go to bed, you've kept me up long enough.

3 comments:

marcopaz said...

you've got a great set of eyes.
including your latest prize.

send me an email, if you can.
for my name is not dan.

poetichero@gmail.com

Ryan J said...

I would pay good money for a framed 20x30 copy of your crosses picture.

Very good pictures

MuddyMind said...

Thanks, it's easy to be good... All you have to do is dig through all the crap you shoot and pic the one or two that actually came out.