21 February, 2007

Back Again

Well, being that my sister has started her blog up again, and it has been almost a year since my last post, I figure I might as well try to start it up again, though no guarantees.

Just a brief catch-up on me. I have lived in the Montrose area of Houston for the last year and a half, but have recently bought a house in Tomball. The reason for the move back to Tomball is that I have been going to church at Sondays. One of my best friends, Matt Davis, plays the music and finally got me to check it out after about a year of bugging me. I have been going ever since. It is a group of about 50-60 people and we meet at a coffee shop Sunday nights. One of the things that attracts me to this church the most is that it is diverse and oriented towards social justice. A lot to most of the people who come either are or have been addicted to drugs or alcohol. There is a group from the Open Door Mission who come every week. Everyone welcomes one another, they talk about what is actually going on in their lives, it is a real community. I love it.

Anyway, I will be posting somewhat regularly (hopefully) and will continue to fill you in.

jp

No comments: